Saturday, May 21, 2016

Stars and Stripes Forever

In the USA, we have a few patriotic weekends approaching. I support showing country pride, but American flag bikinis are a bit too literal, and tacky, for my taste. I prefer a less obvious homage to the stars and stripes (oh, and a bit more coverage).


Jacket, Xhilaration (thrifted). Sweater, Full Tilt (thrifted). Tunic, Urban Behavior (swap). Leggings, Express. Boots, Steve Madden. Sunglasses, Coco Sunglasses. Earrings, flea market. Bag, Nordstrom Rack.


What’s your take on patriotic apparel?

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Canadian patriotic apparel is even more tacky - maple leaves everywhere! I'll stick to red and white!

I like this take on stars and stripes - having it black and white is much more subtle and classy. Nice!

Lickety Splitter said...

Because of the black and white, it took me about 20 seconds to register the "stars and stripes" theme, but when I did, I got a little jolt of extra joy :) Love the entire outfit.