Friday, May 27, 2016

Fishy

We’ve begun a new routine at home. Every morning, I dose the dogs, one cat, and myself with cod liver oil. The vet recommended it for Jackson’s dry skin and I didn’t think it could hurt Jasper. Zoro (the cat), is getting on in years and it’s harder to keep weight on him, so the oil is a great calorie bomb for him. I try to adhere to a vegan diet, but I suspect my Omega-3 levels are too low (especially considering all the Omega-6 I eat), so I’ve started taking it as well. I’m hoping my skin and mood will approve.


Shirt, Banana Republic (thrifted). Skirt, Madwell. Shoes, Miss Me. Sunglasses, Coco Sunglasses. Earrings, Charming Charlie. Bag, Nordstrom Rack.


There seems to be great debate over the best sources of Omega-3, especially when taken through supplements. Lack of regulation, overprocessing, and shelf life make it difficult to choose an effective supplement. I chose the least processed, most reputable, and most environmentally friendly product I could find. It’s oily and smelly, but the animals don’t seem to mind. (And I just follow my dose with a long drink of water.) I might try algae in the future, for myself. Do you take Omega-3 supplements?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Zoro looks so unimpressed. He he he! :-)

Sabina

Anonymous said...

Those cute shoes have always been a favorite of mine in your collection. It's impressive to see them still holding up after all these years!

Anonymous said...

Agree with the previous shoe comment!

I've got a love/hate relationship with fish oil. I can see and feel the benefits, but the taste gets to me after a while. I just picked up some Krill Oil that my favorite pharmacist recommended, so we'll see if I can stick with those. Small gel caps, not a bad smell in the bottle. Contains krill oil, gelatin, glycerin, purified water, and vanillin.

~J