Friday, May 20, 2016

Old Stuff

I try to reduce clothing waste by wearing the things I like over and over, purchasing second-hand when possible, and donating items that I don’t wear.

Long-time readers know that I’ve worn the heck out of the cheap, Missoni knock-off, zig-zag dress I’ve used as a slip, today.


Vest, Tinseltown (cut from a consignment vest). Striped dress, Banana Republic (consignment). Zig-zag dress, Lipstick. Shoes, Seychelles. Earrings, vintage. Rings, vintage and/or heirloom. Bag, Nordstrom Rack.


Here’s the first time I wore it, a little over nine years ago:


Today marks its 63rd wearing. It’s got a few loose threads, but is otherwise holding up well. Not so my running shoes:


I suppose I’ve worn these at least 63 times, too.

2 comments:

Lorena said...

I've always liked that dress -I love that fact that you've gotten to wear in so many different and daring ways.

Sheila said...

Yup, same here - I love that you have gotten so much wear out of this dress over the years! There's not much that I have that's lasted so long, but I do admire that ethic in action for one's closet.