Saturday, August 25, 2007

Clermont Inn

Sheer black tank, Mossimo. Black, lace-overly cami, Halogen. Denim, Express (overdyed by me). Aqua peep-toe pumps, Wild Diva. Gold purse, thrifted. Rhinestone earrings, vintage.

We went to the Clermont Inn (in Batavia, OH) to see Death and Deceit on the Nile. It’s a murder mystery. I hate mysteries. Mostly, I hate them because I don't figure out the mystery until all is revealed at the end. I never pick up on the clues along the way and end up feeling dumb. (Snarky phrases like, “Elementary, my dear Watson,” irritate me even further.) We only went to see the show because the actors are friends of mine and the event benefited one of the drama groups I work with. Predictably, the mystery made me feel like a dummkopf, but I had fun with the interactive portions of the show.

I wore my beloved leather jacket and “euro-chic” (Mike’s term) sunglasses on the trip to Batavia but needed neither of them during the show. Sorry this photo is a little blurry; Mike has trouble holding the camera steady.

The purse and earrings are both from thrift shops, but I suspect they may be vintage.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been visiting your blog for a while now and I'm coming out of the fray and commenting!

LOVE the outfit.
Your hair is fierce.
I want that brown jacket! You look ever so classy!

Londyn said...

Your thrift pieces are my favorite part of the outfit!

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks SO cute! I've been wanting some turquoise heels for forever now. Yours look great!

WendyB said...

Love your hair!

daddylikeyblog said...

This outfit freakin' rules.

ClosetCase said...

FAB outfit and it's fit on you is impecable!

Unknown said...

hey!! i stumbled upon this site because i was searching for a hairstyle.. i love your hair!!

cathy reed said...

EuroChic? um...No. Sor. I'm not really seeing that at all. I don't maybe more like ghetto chic. Nah, because then you'd need alot more bling bling as they say. Actually, it was looking good and I was feeling encouraged. You were starting to look up, like you started to date a man with an actual job....then.....bam.....the damn shoes again. Stop with the teal shoe thing.
Cathy

Anonymous said...

so close, yet so far away.
you almost got a completely positive comment from me, but the shoes...the look cheap like out of the dumpster cheap sorry.