Thursday, August 09, 2007

Dressing Up a Dress

Geometric print dress, Max Studio. Black belt with patent, Steven by Steve Madden. Faux pearl necklace with medallion, Newport News. Black patent slingbacks, Audrey Brooke.

I love dresses because they make dressing easy, but it can be difficult to create different outfits, especially when it’s hot and you don’t want to add layers. I considered and discarded ideas of wearing a scarf, jacket, or sweater. I thought I’d take a chance and daringly wrap a belt around the already smocked empire waist. Some long pearls add dimension and femininity.

Predictably, Mike hated this outfit. (He detests the big belt look and characterized my pearls as “Grandma.”)

5 comments:

Natalee said...

I'm with Mike. You've put together better outfits, but I give you points for being daring. I'm not daring enough and wind up being boring most of the time. You can't win if you're not willing to lose sometimes!

Meghann E said...

Don't you just love the comments guys give on outfits? Daily my boyfriend refers to something I'm wearing as "hidious" - But if I listened to him the only thing in my closet woud be oversized hoodies

You pull off the big belt look well.

Meg said...

I do love the big belt :) Not everyone can wear them, but you definitely can (fortunately, I can too).

WendyB said...

You most definitely don't look "Grandma." It's more of the sexy secretary look. I like!

SHOEGAL said...

You look fab! I don't listen to my young man much since he doesn't like much of what I wear at the momment (I find A/W fashion pleases him more!).

Your blog is fantastic, I have read all the way through it. I've got some inspiration from your ourfits for some of my own!