Thursday, August 02, 2007

Ordinary

Black, silk blend shrug, INC. Black overlay cami, Halogen. Khaki pencil skirt with pockets, Talbot’s (thrifted), Black, patent slingbacks, Audrey Brooke. Indian silver necklace.

I have an audition today. They are looking for “ordinary people.” I really tried to dress “ordinary:” no crazy colors, no giant belt, no bright headband, no wacky jewelry. Still, my husband laughed at my outfit and said that I’m “anything but ordinary.”

I bought this skirt for my role as Joanne in Vanities. In scene three, I wore it with a tucked-in, white blouse and looked quite dowdy. Off stage, though, I try to avoid the matronly look. Because the skirt is highwaisted and pleated in the front (to accommodate the AWESOME pockets), it has the potential to make me look as if I have a flat ass and a bun in the oven. I’ve paired it with a long, form-fitting top to counteract the effect. It still pooches a bit in front, but as long as I have my hands in my pockets, I can convince people that the lump is not due to my gut.

*Update on 8/9/07: I must have looked ordinary enough because I booked the job!

7 comments:

WendyB said...

I must agree with your husband. You don't look ordinary. You look much better than ordinary people do!

Vicki said...

I really really love the look of this outfit. It is very classy and the colours look lovely on you.

Anonymous said...

You look great! I love the slingbacks.

Anonymous said...

Your husband likes you extraordinary.

Anonymous said...

That is a great classics-based outfit. The slingbacks and lace top, in particular, stand out.

Anonymous said...

Slingbacks rock!

DJ said...

Kasmira! Why are you sooo beautiful all the time?! I absolutely love you in this outfit. I just LOVE pencil skirts. Hope to see you soooooonish =]
_Derek