Sunday, August 19, 2007

Irish Dress

Orange and white sundress, vendor at the Dublin Ohio Irish Festival. Brown sandals, Franco Sarte. Brown beads, Kohl’s.

My souvenir from the Dublin Ohio Irish Festival doesn’t feature four-leaf clovers, Gaelic sayings, or leprechans. It isn’t even green. I picked this dress out of a rack of hideous tie-dyed numbers (which weren’t green, either) at one of the vendor booths. I had to add ribbon to the back to get a good fit around my ribs, but the results are worth it.

I drug a denim jacket around with me all day, in anticipation of frigid airconditioning at one of my stops, but it wasn’t necessary.

Obligatory skirt swirl photo:

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, are you Irish/of Irish desent? Just curious cos I'm Irish (and living in Ireland) myself!

Kasmira said...

I'm actually of Eastern European descent. (The red hair is faux.) I can do a terrible Irish accent, though!

Single Ma said...

I love your hair color! It really brings out the color in your dress.

Melody said...

Love the dress with your hair color. I would have never guessed this was an Irish dress! I'm happy you passed up the tie-dyes...can't really picture you in a tie-dye. :)

Anonymous said...

Twirl photos should be mandatory for *everyone*

Londyn said...

Love this dress. Very colorful and looks quite comfy too!

Anonymous said...

hm... the dress looks a bit too long on u... but u make the dress look good!