Friday, August 03, 2007

Half-day, Friday, Flats Day

Khaki camp dress, Forever 21 (thrifted). Red belt with patent, Xhilaration. Red patent peeptoe flats, New York & Company. Hawaiian purse, Okinawa, Japan. Dangly star earrings, The Limited Too.

The dress is really too casual for work, at least in my opinion. I thought I could get away with it, though, working a half-day, Friday.

This is the first time I’ve worn flats to work. I broke my heels rule because the skirt length and front slit of this dress show a whole lotta leg. (I was quite uncomfortable wearing this dress with heels last time.) I feel very odd walking around the office with both feet firmly on the floor. It’s kind of nice, actually, and I can take really big steps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who usually wears heels to the office. One of the women in another department stopped me in the bathroom-- I was wearing my super high, super comfortable Tahari heels-- and asked me, "Are those comfortable?" I said, "Sure! I can run and dance in these babies!" She replied, "I just always see you prancing around in your heels and wonder how you do it." They're just heels!

Meg said...

Awesome accessories! They really dress up the outfit nicely. I love red, and you pull off very well.

Thanks for the blogroll link :)