Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Clashy

Plaid swing jacket, No Boundaries. Black top and red and orange tweed pants, Moda International. Black pumps, Bandolino. Orange resin earrings, World Market.

Plaid with tweed is probably too busy. I wanted to wear something red on the bottom, to compliment the red in the jacket’s tartan. Surprisingly, especially for someone who loves red as much as I do, the only red bottoms I have are these pants and this skirt. I thought I’d risk clashing terribly and wear the pants. (Besides, the skirt isn’t quite the correct shade.) I actually like the jacket and trousers together. I think the jacket is the only thing I own that is louder than the pants. My outfit is shouting at you today.

6 comments:

Alexandra said...

I actually love the "loudness" of the outfit! Very bright and cheerful!

Anonymous said...

I think it looks great. Your hair and lipstick help pull it off too.

Love the blog, by the way... very inspiring. :)

-Bekster

Anonymous said...

not too busy at all! one of my favorite things about tweed is that it's interesting up close and from afar it looks like a solid. i love your little swing jackets and you have inspired me to invest in a few of them myself. keep up the awesome outfits, fashionista!

Shanti said...

I love the colors in this outfit!!
Very cute, these colors are totally you !!

Anonymous said...

In the photo, the tweed of the pants (at least on my monitor) isn't super obvious so it doesn't look clashy at all. And I love the jacket to death.

"Óg" said...

The jacket and trousers together are a great pair and the long black top separates them just enough to keep the plaids harmonious. I will try this, but doubt I could carry it off as well as you have.