Friday, February 08, 2008

Gray Friday

Turquoise cardi, Gap. Gray tee, Bitten. Rust skirt, Eddie Rodriguez. Gray tights, Merona. Gray boots, White Mountain. Amber necklace, Ali’s Boutique. Brown belt, thrifted.

So….did you notice that there was a theme this week? It was GRAY week. I don’t blame you if you didn’t notice. Gray week is kind of a lame theme. It’s sort of like a black or brown theme – basic colors that I’d wear anyway. It did help me get through Fashion Show on Sunday evening, though.


I’m not afraid of mixing black and navy or black and brown, but I’ve had trouble overcoming my aversion to mixing gray and brown. It looks great in magazines and on the Wardrobe Remix girls. I think I like it on me too. I’m slowly experimenting. (I daringly mixed my gray boots with a brown purse when I visited the dentist last month.)



Oh - and this outfit was inspired by the February issue of InStyle (Fashion 101 - Belts: new ways to cinch the look).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, I love the way you put colors together. Cute outfit!

Anonymous said...

I WANT THOSE BOOTS!!!

Anonymous said...

I really love the grey boots and grey tights together.

amyinbc said...

How on earth do you do it and what do you do for a living that enables you to dress so creatively?

My daily wear? Jeans, a T and hiking boots. Yes, I totally missed the fashion gene apparently ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love this outfit. The colors are really great!! Fabulous fall/winter look!!

Lynda said...

I can't even tell you how jealous I am of your talent to dress like this!!! It is a gift, an art form I think and I certainly don't have it. I agree with you though about wearing colours and having red hair. Who ever decided that you should not wear certain colours when you have red hair? You look terrific in all those colours.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I love your site, and want to follow along and see what you wear (and get some ideas for myself). But I don't see an RSS feed link on your site. Am I missing it?

Elisabeth said...

The boots are gorgeous and I love the shade of turquoise the cardi is - beautiful!

Kasmira said...

I work in Human Resources for a large company. Our dress code is "business casual," which leaves me a lot of leeway! Because I'm at my desk most of the time, I can wear crazy shoes (i.e. non-walking shoes!) too.