Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Country Lass

Brown jacquard blazer, Apt 9. Yellow cardigan, Mossimo. Green satin shirt, Express. Blue and green tartan skirt, Jones New York Country (thrifted). Brown boots, Nine West. Brooch, thrifted.



I didn’t plan this…but I’m essentially wearing a muted, modest version of yesterday’s outfit. I’ll have to ask Mike which he likes better.



Have I told you lately that I love this skirt? It is one of my favorite thrift finds. It makes me feel as if I’m the heroine of a Wideacre (by Philippa Gregory, also the author of The Other Boleyn Girl).

I’ve had the skirt for a year and have worn it six times. How have you liked it best? (I had some decidedly unclever names for the posts in which each of these outfits were featured, so I refer to them simply by month and year. And I’m afraid that I put them in the wrong order in the collage, so the April picture precedes March.) My favorite is January.

Which outfit, featuring the thrifted Jones New York Country skirt, is your favorite?
February 2007
April 2007
March 2007
November 2007
January 2008
February 2008
pollcode.com free polls



Click to enlarge (the picture is tiny!)


A close up without the flash so you can see the textures and my newly thrifted pin.

11 comments:

Londyn said...

I really like the layering you have on top, but the skirt and boots with it make you look so covered! I love outfits when you are covered on top, but showing leg or vice versa. Show those legs girl!

My fav looks for the skirt are Jan and Nov.

Anonymous said...

November is my hands down favorite. The while lace provides a perfect color and textural contrast to the rest of the outfit.

-AlEn

Kasmira said...

Londyn - this is more covered than my norm. I saved it for the coldest day of the week! Maybe I should have worn my hair up to expose my neck?

Cheri said...

Is this week's theme yellow and green? By the way I love your long tartan skirt- an awesome find!

SewEthel said...

The outfit is well put together for sure, but I wore blackwatch tartan as a part of my high school uniform, and so it shall always be associated with school for me!

Meghann E said...

Is your theme of the week "a little bit o' Green?"

Or did someone guess this already?

KT said...

I love this outfit. All you need is a horse, a tea set and a meadow somewhere.

KT said...

And also a title like "Lady Kasmira" or "Duchess of Cinci"

Elisabeth said...

The brooch is gorgeous and I love the jacket!

Great outfit!

Kasmira said...

Cheri - you've got it! It's green and yellow week.

Anonymous said...

I love blue and brown. I like that the blazer is textured/patterned into
the mix. - Vildy