Monday, February 25, 2008

WR Inspired

Black cardigan, Moda International. Coral blouse, Worthington. Floral skirt, Herman Geist (thrifted and shortened). Crappy black tights that threaten to fall down. Green peeptoe pumps, Wet Seal.

When I picked up this skirt at Goodwill last week, it was a good 10 inches longer. I would normally have passed it by, despite the yoked waistband, full skirt, and fun print, and dismissed it as dowdy. However, the inspiration of Liebe Marlene and Whimsical Nerd of Wardrobe Remix enabled me to see the potential. Both of these ladies wear full, retro skirts in patterns you might think of as old lady-ish. But their chutzpah and short hems save them from granny-dom. So, I hemmed this a bit higher than I normally would for work wear and attempted to copy a couple of my fashion idols.



(Liebe Marlene on the left and Whimsical Nerd on the right)


The crazy shoes, though, are all me.

P.S. There’s a theme this week. See if you can spot it! (It’s admittedly subtle today, though.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with skirt!

Unknown said...

thanks so much for the props! Your skirt looks lovely. I love hemming dowdy items, it really gives them new life.

Gervy said...

I love this look. The proportions are perfect and, amazingly, the green heels look brilliant, although I would have assumed they couldn't work with that outfit.

Anonymous said...

That is a great skirt, I am totally inspired by it! Gorgeous print.

Fia Kilbourn said...

Oh wow! I love those shoes.

Londyn said...

I am in LOVE with this look. Very very cute!

SewEthel said...

I also heart this look. That skirt is awesome, kudos to you for seeing the hot where there was not!

Elisabeth said...

Love the skirt!

Anonymous said...

Kasmira,
Once again, I'm blown away with your incredibly gorgeous feminine dress sense. Your legs in any hosiery, be it tights or stockings are so amazingly shapely and perfect.
Top marks for the sensational peep toe green heels, they just complete the look like nothing else can!
Kate C
-x-