Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tribble

I’m a (not so) secret geek. I grew up watching the original Star Trek episodes and I remember the excitement when the Next Generation series started. Of the old series, some of my favorite episodes were The Devil in the Dark (my sisters and I referred to the Horta as the “Pizza Monster”) and The Trouble with Tribbles. I received this fur pouf ring through a swap and it strongly resembles a mini-Tribble. I had better be careful not to feed it.


Jacket, Cami. Sweater, Merona. Belt, Target. Skirt, Mossimo. Tights, Hue. High-heeled oxfords, Isaac Mizrahi for Target. Scarf, Cappel’s. Ring, swap. Hat (pictured below), Charlotte Russe.


I was actually named after a Star Trek character: Lt. Mira Romaine, from The Lights of Zetar episode. I suppose it doesn’t bode well that she was possessed by aliens.

17 comments:

Miss Outlier said...

Yay Tribbles! I grew up a Trekkie as well...

I love the oxfords - I might have to get something similar for my fall wardrobe this year.

Amos said...

It's official: you just might be the coolest person in the world.

The Magpie's Daughter said...

Cute ring! :D ...and I'm loving the red and purple together!

gina said...

Cute ring. It does resemble a tribble!

I love your purple and maroon colors with the pop a yellow!

Anonymous said...

So, do you just play with that ring all day long? I know I would ...

Anonymous said...

I think we grew up in parallel homes. :P

eednic said...

I adore this outfit. Totally funkity doodily. Translation: AWESOME. The colors are superb.

Cyn said...

The Trek connection makes you that much cooler.

Great outfit...it's almost all Target, yet it doesn't look it at all. :)

WendyB said...

That tribble episode was always the one that non-Trekkies liked best!

Heidi said...

Love the ring. I got a similar one for Christmas last year that my best friend bought on Etsy.

http://dailyobsesser.blogspot.com/

Jess said...

What a fun fact about your name :)

Love the shoes!

Audi said...

Completely awesome that you're named after Star Trek. I'm also named after a TV character -- Audra Barkley from Big Valley.

Trinity Lea said...

omg those shoes are gorgeous!!

Julia said...

I love that picture of your ring, it's so atmospheric. I've never seen Star Trek but this "Tribble" intrigues me. I just might have to check it out...
xo
Julia

Rosie Unknown said...

I love the outfit! I have been seeing a couple of girls around my school wearing this colour combination this week, and the first thing I thought of was that they read your blog.

Sheila said...

We called that the pizza monster too! I grew up watching the old series, and was a devoted NG fan.

Love this outfit - the velvet blazer really pulls all the colours together beautifully. I think this is my favourite.

Londyn said...

Love those color tights! Looks great with those shoes and blazer.