Friday, October 30, 2009

Old One-Eye

I figured, since I owned a pirate shirt and pirate boots, I should be a pirate for Halloween. I bought an eyepatch and borrowed tights to complete the look.


Blouse, J Crew. Vest, H&M. Skirt, Mossimo. Tights, borrowed. Boots, Rampage. Necklace (actually a belt), thrifted.

I did wear this to work (Corporate Raider?), but I left the eyepatch flipped up. I can’t walk with only one eye, let alone work on the computer. I can, however, fire a cannon and count my gold with one eye.



Last time I wore a pirate costume was in a production of Moby Dick in 11th grade. Seated at the table, I’m the fourth pirate from the right. Is it any coincidence that I’m wearing yellow tights then, too?

13 comments:

Amy said...

Awesome costume, you're very resourceful! How convienient that you found a pirate ship on which to take pictures ;)

Anonymous said...

adorable!

Lauren said...

sweet costume! where did you take the pictures? it look's like parky's pirate cove! haha

Deborah-lee said...

Haa, I love your pirate ship!!

Love too that you can take a stylish outfit and add just a few touches to make a costume. You could definitely rock this costume on an ordinary day!

Julia said...

This is too funny--the hair gives your pirate look anextra badass-y edge. Great fun!

xx
Julia

Julia said...

I meant "an" extra. Sheesh, I can't type...

Andy B. said...

I used to work at Parky's Pirate Cove. Originally, the barrel when you first walk in said, "Ahoy Maties! Captain Parky's in trouble and needs your help! A sea creature has stolen Parky's treasure and has hidden it in a cave. Follow the clues Parky has left for you to find the sea creature, shut off the waterfall, and save the treasure." The button to turn off the waterfall seized up and a replacement was not available, so that went away. Then they took away the recording and play 'Carribean music'. I once got stuck in the Octopus. I also replaced the flag in the crow's nest on Parky's ship, as well as replaced the gay pride flags flying above the gazebo in the playground. Good times.

Oh, and you're tresspassing and should have been cited ;-)

Marie said...

It all came together so beautifully- love those boots!

Sheila said...

Cute outfit! I love that you wore it to work.

Adele said...

Great costume! I love those tights and boots together.

Rosie Unknown said...

I love it! Those tights are amazing, and the boots are perfection itself!

Runner Susan said...

How cute are you on Halloween!

Lorena said...

HA ! this is cute .. love the pics...