Friday, October 09, 2009

Turn Around

This is a break from tights and toes to bring you stiff skirts and galoshes. It is my go-to combination for wet days.

Jacket, Wilson’s. Hooded sweater, Mossimo. Skirt, Chaus Sport (thrifted). Boots, TJ Maxx. Bag (below), Payless.


Yes, this outfit is boring from the front…

…but so much fun in the back.

I turn to this combination in wet weather because:
1) Galoshes are practical in the rain and puddles
2) A skirt eliminates the need to tuck pants into the boots
3) A tough material (like denim or corduroy) resists the gusts of wind that often accompany inclement weather.

More stiff skirts and galoshes:

12 comments:

Becky said...

I'm in love with your jacket! This whole outfit is cute but practical-gotta love that!

K said...

Every time I see that bag I wish I had gotten it when I saw it there too!

Unknown said...

I love rainboots with skirts! The only thing I'm not in love with is your socks. I love that they're peeking out, but I wish they were a different color. I am not sure what color, just something...different. The skirt is adorable.

Sheila said...

Fab! I do this look with motorcycle boots (which are also waterproof) as one of my favourite "wander around town" looks.

This is a great casual look for you. So would this be the fashion equivalent of the mullet? Business in the front, party in the back? :-P Ha!

Elizabeth, Delightfully Tacky said...

That skirt is so fun!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Oh, and happy third blogoversary!!

Tira said...

I love the outfit from the front, but the skirt is not one of my faves. I'm always afraid of how ruffles are going to make my butt look. I agree about the socks, too. I'd expect a little more whimsy out of you, missy. LOL

Kim said...

I'm too much of a wimp to expose my legs to rain, but you are much more badassery than I am in many ways. I love this outfit!

Unknown said...

Love it!!!!! I'm stealing this look!

Jess said...

So cute!

Do you wear the galoshes all day?

Kasmira said...

I didn't wear this outfit until after work, but I did wear the galoshes all evening.

Robin said...

I'm waiting on a pair of galoshes to be delivered myself! For less windy, inclement days, I love the idea of a huge sweater, tiny swishy skirt and boots. Your skirt is adorable with all those ruffles, though!

estrella said...

I do the same as much as I can (I don't own many stiff skirts)