Friday, October 16, 2009

Oktoberfest

Before I added the scarf, I was told that this dress looked “German.” I suppose that’s only appropriate since the color scheme for all the outfits this week was inspired by German blogger Strawberry Kitten (aka Nadine).


Cardigan, Bloch. Dress, Jovovich Hawk for Target. Scarf, gift from Londyn. Purple tights, We Love Colors. Striped burgundy tights, Merona. Buckle pumps, Two Lips. Studded cuff, Hot Topic. Bag, Naturalizer (thrifted and vintage).

This is actually a ballet wrap sweater, that I purchased for non-dance wear. I’ve never liked the tie placement (it always looked awkward fastened over anything but a leotard), so I cut them off. I like it much better as an open cardigan. Sometimes, you just have to take the scissors to your clothes.


I haven’t used scissors on any of my pairs of tights (although I like Megan’s ripped DIY). Instead, I like to customize them with a little creative layering.

3 comments:

Rosie Unknown said...

I love the addition of that scarf! It brings a whole other side to the outfit!

C said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE the color combo on this outfit!! So lovely.

Laurie Koning said...

Those colors are so beautiful together!