Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Dud

This outfit was a dud. It didn’t seem so “blah” when I planned this week’s capsule, but it certainly didn’t impress me, today. I wouldn’t have even photographed it if it hadn’t been for the capsule challenge.


Sweater, Love By Design. Dress, Branna Studio San Francisco (thrifted). Shirt, FY2 (thrifted). Jeggings, Mossimo. Boots, Vince Camuto. Bag, D&G knockoff (thrifted). Earrings and necklace, vintage.


I didn’t really wear this outfit anywhere, so I can almost forget it happened at all. I worked from home and then went to rehearsal, where I donned a costume. Oh, well. You win some, you lose some. On the bright side, I was quite comfortable. And, hey, isn’t this mural interesting?


Photos by Beefy Muchacho with a Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 55-200mm 1:4-5.6G lens

9 comments:

Sheila said...

I have a sweater like that that my husband refers to as my "homeless lady sweater." I wear it around the house because it's long, comfortable and warm. However, like you, I find it to be a big puddle of blah.

The rest of the outfit is great!

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

It's not so bad, I like it. Maybe without the jacket but then you might be a bit cold! Us girls like to suffer for our looks though don't we? :)

Unknown said...

Black can never be considered a dud,especailly on U :)
xXx
Reva

Pam in Cincinnati said...

i'd be willing to bet that you'd have liked it a lot more without the sweater. you'd have been colder, for sure, but i think there's just something about the proportions of the sweater that overwhelm both you and the outfit and just takes it to that blah place.

Anonymous said...

The colors may be more muted than you usually wear, but I don't think it's all that blah with your lovely red accents (including the lipstick) and the cute peak of leopard and owl. :)
~J

Londyn said...

I still think you look adorable - plus your fabulous hair makes up for any lack of your normal spunk in the outfit!

Lola said...

I love the sweater!! Just not with this black tunic. Unstructured over structured plus the same lengths = meh.

maryeb said...

Definitely not a dud, not with the interesting details: the double breasted front of brass buttons, great owl pendant, gorgeous red bag, pretty braid, and hint of leopard print. I'm glad you shared it.

Anonymous said...

Cute!