I’ve now been tagged twice to participate in the “7 Random Things” meme. I usually abstain from these sorts of tags because I’m afraid memes and random commentary will dilute my subject-oriented blogs. I don’t want to appear a spoiled sport, though, so here are 7 random fashion-y things about me:
1. When I was small, I loved to dress in themes. I still remember being Rainbow Girl, Dove Girl (wearing a tank embellished with a line drawing of two doves, beak to beak), and Ice Cream Girl (sporting jeans with embroidered ice cream cones on the rear pockets). I would burst into my parents’ room (while they were asleep, I’m sure), proclaiming the sort of “girl” I was that day.
2. I look horrible in purple and gray. In fact, I hate purple all around. It makes me think of unicorns and the purple people eater and Barney.
3. In 2001, I made a New Year’s resolution to wash my underwear in mesh bags. Both my resolution, and my underwear, have lasted since. (Not only do your underwear last longer, but your washing machine may too. I’ve heard reports of thong underwear becoming wrapped around the machine’s agitator and actually damage the washer!)
4. I have really ugly feet. Over the past few years, though, I’ve made an effort to at least prettify what I have. You wouldn’t have caught me dead in open-toed shoes before 2000.
5. My hair was blond and spiral permed from 8th to 10th grades. (And if you can’t get enough of my terrible school photos, you can view them ALL here.)
6. I never had a friend with whom I could swap clothing until I moved to Cincinnati and met Fashion Lady. It’s like having a second wardrobe!
7. I was a totally hairy, Birkenstock wearing, granola munching, tree hugging hippie in college. Now I’m almost high maintenance. I think everyone goes through phases and that I’ll get in touch with my earthy side again, someday.
I won’t tag anyone else.