Thursday, March 29, 2012

Floating in Flowers

Every spring, I want my picture taken among these cherry blossoms. However, since I have not yet mastered the art of floating in mid-air, it’s a challenge to get my outfit and the flowers in the frame. Last year, I made Beefy sit on the damp grass to get a good angle. This year, I risked life and limb, teetering on the edge of a wall. Still, floating would be better.


Dress, vintage, swapped, and shortened. Sweater, Laura Leigh Ltd. Bag and shoes, Nine West. Brooch, self-made. Bracelets, Target, Claire’s, Mix It, and World Market. Sunglasses, Jones New York.

I’m seriously considering purchasing a mini-trampoline, just for settings like this one. Of course, I’d have to remove the heels. But maybe I could finally achieve at least the illusion of hovering in mid-air, surrounded by blossoms.



Last year and this year:


Photos by Beefy Muchacho with the wide angle and the Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 35 mm 1:1.8G lens

14 comments:

Snickers said...

Love the bag! Been looking for a pink/tan color block combo myself. Do you mind sharing where you found it?

Anonymous said...

You and your background both look lovely today. :) I really like the brooch too! None of my DIY items ever turn out that well.
~J

Catherine, Not Dressed As Lamb said...

Kasmira this is such a beautiful outfit... quite subdued for you but no less "stand-out" for it!! The colours are sooo pretty and the blossom just beautiful. Your legs look just great btw, your exercise dedication certainly pays off!

Catherine x
http://notdressedaslamb.com/

Kasmira said...

Snickers - I got it at TJ Maxx. The color is a bit brighter in life...more of a bright coral, almost neon, in fact!

Angie said...

Love the second picture.I love how you made good use of this simple cardigan. On the whole this years outfit is more refined.

Jude said...

WOW!

Anonymous said...

Love the outfit and how the bright pink echos the flowers!
Beefy is an awesome photographer. Of course he has a wonderful subject to photograph!

Kimbercrafts said...

So pretty, both the outfit and the background! I adore your brooch - did you follow a tutorial or pattern for it?

Kasmira said...

Kimbercrafts - "self-made" means that I hot-glued two brooch backs to an applique. :)

Rose said...

So beautiful, Kasmira! I love those shoes, too!

Taylor said...

Beautiful! Great sillhouette, too. I love those shoes! I have a pair in the same print from last Spring - they're closed toe, coral patent heel. The men at work called them my "paintball" shoes but that kind of made me love them more.

The Tote Trove said...

So pretty, and what a nice tradition! You should definitely spring for the trampoline :)

LostSockArtTeacher said...

you are too cute! keep being you.

Marta said...

Hallo, Kasmira! Great style, and great photos. Love the background flowers. As to floating in mid-air, do you know Natsumi Hayashi? Google "Today's Levitation" and see!