Monday, March 26, 2012

Novelty Print

Evidently, novelty (or conversational) prints are trending. Horses, cats, birds, and insects seem to be the most popular animals to be printed on clothing this spring. But I still love my dog-portrait skirt.


Shirt, American Eagle (thrifted). Skirt, Herman Geist (vintage and shortened). Belt, thrifted. Shoes, Fioni. Bracelets, vintage and Garden of the Gods gift shop. Cuff, Target. Earrings, self-made. Bag, Fossil (gift).

My skirt has never started a conversation, though. Well, other than the recurring one where Beefy expresses his dislike* for the print.



*Okay, I start that conversation, not Beefy. And it usually goes like this:

“I’m wearing your favorite skirt!”
“Ugh. The dog skirt?”
“Yup!”
“Why?”
“Because it’s cute!”
"It's really not my favorite."
"I know."

Stimulating, eh?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great novelty print! And I like your earrings as well. :)

My Own Fairytale said...

The skirt is adorable!

XO Arezu

Megan G said...

I think the skirt is really cute! I love unexpected prints. I wish I came across them more often while thrifting.

I think my Taller Half has learned better than to express his extreme like or dislike of my closet.

The Goodwill Fangirl said...

If it helps, I think it's *my* favorite skirt!

Adrienne said...

okay when I win the lottery and you grow tired of this skirt I'll make an offer. I just love it although it wont probably look as good on me as it does on you....

archifreelance said...

I love the skirt - it must be a man/woman thing. I like the shirt too but I'm not sure the two do each other any favours. I thinks it's because it is both a check and a different colour - one or other would work but not both.

Anonymous said...

That skirt is so COOL!!! /////love the whole outfit--and I so love tiny gingham checks on a shirt!

Anonymous said...

I think it's super cool that the skirt has checked "ribbons" to coordinate with the gingham shirt. And I love gingham shirts - have been hunting them at the thrift stores....
Better at 46

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

I really like this skirt. How can he not like this skirt? It must be the chromosomes.