Saturday, March 17, 2012

Magnolia Time

Hey, kids, guess what time it is? Magnolia time! This might be my favorite time of year in Cincinnati. The best part is, due to the different varieties, magnolia time lasts until June, when the Sweet Bay magnolias finally bloom.


Dress, MNG for Mango. Boots, Vince Camuto. Socks, Sock Dreams. Bag, Modani. Watch, Unlisted. Volcanic glass earrings, Made in Oregon store. Jade pendants, Phai’s House of Jade.


Beefy and I are considering the trees to replace the Norway Spruce I had to remove last summer. We are contemplating (surprise!) magnolias. He’s a fan of the star magnolias, while I like the fat, lush blooms. We have room for both. Over the years, I’ve planted a star magnolia, Little Jane, Daybreak, and a Sweet Bay in the yard. I’d be happy repeat any of those or add a new variety.



Photos by Beefy Muchacho with a Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 35 mm 1:1.8G lens

2 comments:

maryeb said...

I bet your yard is absolutely beautiful with all those magnolia trees.
My neighbor has a gorgeous, big pink one blooming. It's way ahead of schedule this year.

Diana said...

I didn't know there was such a thing as magnolias with pink blooms. Down here in Florida, all of our magnolias have white blooms. Guess I need to get up north more often - these are beautiful!