Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Smart Look

I got glasses I love just after I started a job totally unsuited for glasses. Sacramento is relentlessly sunny and my eyes are super sensitive. I spend hours driving a day and am constantly going in and out of buildings. I wouldn’t really be wearing glasses, I’d just be swapping them with sunglasses all day. (Or waiting for the transition lenses to respond to the light changes.)

Today, though, I didn’t go outside once. I didn’t even see daylight, except when taking these pictures in my room. The vampire life is much better suited to specs.


Blazer, Diane von Furstenberg (consignment). Dress, Cut25 (consignment). Tights, We Love Colors. Boots, Joe’s. Bag, Apt 9.


I haven’t forgotten that one of my 40B440 items is “pink hair.” I was treated to a little inspiration at one of our presentations today:

5 comments:

Sheila said...

I love those glasses - they are very you! Great dress too, especially with the blue tights. Go for pink hair!

Cosmic said...

Love ur look here(specs really suit you:)!

Charlotte said...

I started wearing glasses instead of contacts full time about 6 years ago and have loved the convenience, plus it's fun to change styles. But I sit in an office all day and can definitely understand the need for switching to sunglasses and how irritating that would be.

I've always wanted to have pink hair myself. I didn't take the chance when I was younger (I had very long hair and was worried that I would screw it up by bleaching it) and now it would be frowned upon at work. Guess I'll add it to the list for retirement.

Red said...

Those glasses are absolutely perfect on you! Cateyes are the best. I've worn specs my whole life and always come back to that shape the most. I also have the same issue with sensitive eyes. (Vampire here, definitely.) I just end up using either my glasses or my shades as an impromptu headband while the other pair's on my face. Not the greatest solution, I know lol...someday I may have to opt for the glasses-on-a-neckchain thing. By which time, hopefully, my hair will've gone silver, so I can stop coloring it red and switch to allover cotton candy pink. It'll be good times.

Ruth Slavid said...

who cares about the glasses? it is the dress that sings - and with those fabulous tights as well. What fantastic colours.