Friday, January 30, 2015

Forced Perspective

I learned about forced perspective when I watched the “making of” feature on my Darby O’Gill and the Little People DVD. The scenes in the leprechaun cave used forced perspective, instead of modern CGI, to create the illusion of “little people.” Disney uses forced perspective outside of films to make the Main Street buildings and castle of both Magic Kingdom and Disneyland appear taller than they really are. The scene behind me (in Hollywood Studios) is trompe l’oeil, not exactly forced perspective, but it messes with your mind all the same (especially when combined with the forced perspective of the street facade in front of the mural).


Sweatshirt and shorts, Forever 21. Leggings, We Love Colors. Boots, Ariat. Sunglasses and belt, Target. Scarf, Charming Charlie. Bag, Nine West.



Mater (above) and my 365 photo (below) have nothing to do with tricking the eye.

3 comments:

Rachel Frend said...

My favorite park!

Shannon said...

I love Darby O'Gill and the Little People! I thought I was the only one who ever saw that movie! :)

DressUpNotDown said...

I'm also a Darby O'Gill and the Little People fan. :o)

JJ
www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com