Wednesday, January 07, 2015

The Charm

I made my third visit to the DMV today. (I gave up on visit number two when, after waiting two hours, only 10 of the 95 people ahead of me had been helped. At that rate, the office would have closed before my number was called.) In a couple of weeks, I should finally have a valid and correct California Driver License.


Cardigan, Etcetera (consignment). Dress, Diane von Furstenberg (consignment). Tights, Anne Klein. Boots, Joe’s. Sunglasses, Target. Earrings, Epcot Mexico. Bag, thrifted.



While my third visit was much better than my second, I am baffled by the need to take my photo to correct the birthdate on my license. The last photo was taken only a couple of weeks ago. Granted, I did get a haircut since then. Thanks for noticing, DMV!

4 comments:

DressUpNotDown said...

The red tights are so cool with the cutout feature on your boots. It just takes your outfit from nice to amazing!!!

JJ
www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Lickety Splitter said...

Uggh.. the DMV is apparently a nightmare no matter where one lives.

Red said...

It's actually not too bad down here in Vallejo. Perks of a smaller town, I guess! The first time I ever went in there, they were playing a bizarre old movie ("Reflections In A Golden Eye" with Marlon Brando) on the monitors and everyone was watching with really puzzled looks on their faces. Sadly, they don't play stuff like that in there anymore, but at least the lines are fairly short and move fast.

C Lo said...

FWIW in case it ever comes up again and you happen to be going out to Davis, that's usually the quickest one. I find if I make an appointment at that one, I'm still in and out of there faster than if I go to any of the Sac locations, and that includes the drive! (which I actulally like at non-rush our times). :)

Althought I've gotten some good reading done at the Broadway location.....and you simply CANNOT beat the people watching there. ;)