Tuesday, June 02, 2015

40 B4 40: 7 Month Progress

I’m going to use the long summer days to knock out more of my 40 B4 40 items.

2. Skydive or hanglide - Done!

3. Take a Napa wine tour - Done!

6. Snowshoe - Done!

5. Stand-up paddle board - I’m taking an REI course on June 28.

9. Compete in an agility competition - Done! (Although it was a “fun match,” not a competition. No ribbons were awarded.)

10. Renew my passport - All materials are gathered and in an envelope. I continue to procrastinate the visit to the post office.

11. Pose for a photo with Mickey Mouse - Done!

12. Attend a Comicon - The Wizard World Comic Con Sacramento is scheduled for June 19-21, 2015.

13. Dye my hair pink - Postponed until July.

14. Teach Jasper to walk nicely on a leash - As long as there is cheese, he behaves beautifully.

15. Do a 365 Photo project - Daily picture success! Find my photos here.

16. Sew a garment - I started a skirt on Memorial Day.

17. Take a sewing class - I postponed my class. I need to reschedule.

18. Meditate - Do I really need to meditate?

19. See a live concert - We bought tickets for Apocalyptica, but only made it through a couple of numbers by the opening band before the crowds, noise, and “late hour” got to us.

20. Go to a hot air balloon festival - The Sonoma County Hot Air Ballon Festival is in June.

21. Learn to 2-finger whistle - Done!

22. Do the splits - I almost have my left split. The right side is tighter.

23. Show Dan my old Bridgeport haunts - scheduled for late September!

24. Finish making all the burgers in Veggie Burgers Every Which Way - In May, I made the Smoked Tofu Burgers. Next up: Tortilla-Crusted Stuffed Portobello Burgers and Beet “Tartare.”

25. Write one special content blog post per month - Done.

27. Wallpaper a wall - The Flavor Paper City Park turned out to be too expensive. ($300 to paper a small wall.) I’m back to wallpaper shopping. Any favorite online stores?

28. Participate in Toastmasters - I given two speeches. I’ve also served as toastmaster, evaluator, jokemaster, grammarian, and pledge/inspiration at meetings.

29. Ride a horse - I SAT on a horse at TxSC CAMP, but I wouldn’t qualify it as a horse “ride.”

32. Practice ambidexterity - My left hand activities: throw a frisbee, sling a ball, make checkmarks.

35. See a drive-in movie - Done!

36. Take a historical home tour - I’m awaiting the announcement of the 2015 Midtown Sacramento Historic Home Tour. (Last year, it was on September 20.)

39. Send out holiday cards - Done!

40. Guest appear on a podcast - Done!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

An easy way to improve your non-dominant hand is to switch your computer mouse to the other side (this involves changing the left and right mouse buttons). It takes about a day or two to become at ease with this. I had to do rhis due to a shoulder injury and now I can easily mouse with either hand. Apparently this exercise is also supposed to increase your empathy! :-) Sabina

Kasmira said...

Good idea! I don't have a mouse, but I can do this with the touchpad!

Unknown said...

Spoonflower.com!

C said...

SUP...... super fun. If I had a convenient lake, I would get one for keeps.