Friday, June 26, 2015

Sneakers and a Dress

As I’ve begun wearing heels less often, sneakers have entered my consideration set. Sneakers and shorts. Sneakers and denim skirts. But what about sneakers and a dress? To work? I gave it a whirl.


Dress, Gap. Belt, thrifted. Shoes, Vans. Sunglasses, Girl Props. Necklace, Banana Republic. Purse, Anne Klein (thrifted).

I LOVED this outfit. I felt comfortable, but still put together.

I think the secrets to wearing sneakers with a dress to work are:

1. Clean sneakers in good condition.
2. A skirt that falls above the knee or at the ankle. Knee- and mid-length hems can look frumpy with flat sneakers.
3. Extra dressy accessories, like a lady-like purse and a statement necklace.

Is this a look you’d try?


I wore those same sneakers to take Jasper to the vet this afternoon. (But I changed out of the dress.)


We always do selfies to pass time in the examination room, waiting for the vet.

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

I really love this outfit! The sneakers are the perfect bit of fun.

Stace said...

Looks great, but I'm biased! This is starting to become a staple of mine. Black Vans and shortish dresses, a little like the style you have here. When doing walks with people in the office it's a lot more comfortable than 4" heels!

C Lo said...

I'm so enjoying watching your style be more influenced by California living. :)