Saturday, June 20, 2015

What to Wear to a Hot Air Balloon Festival

I’m kind of embarrassed to admit that I Googled: “what to wear to a hot air balloon festival.” But I did. And Google told me, “shorts.” Weather Underground told me it would be 50 degrees when the Dawn Patrol inflation started at 5 a.m., so I brought a jacket and a scarf.


Jacket, Allen B. Vest, Tilt (cut from a consignment jacket). Shorts, Audrey. Boots, Ariat. Sunglasses, Big Lots. Earrings, Francesca’s Collections. Scarf, Calypso St Barth for Target. Backpack, Target. Hip bag, Happy Cow.



Still, I was a little cold until after sunrise. I was glad I purchased this hooded blanket on Friday night:


But a little shivering and humiliation was worth it to see the balloons light up in the dark.


And then hang, magically, in the blue sky.

1 comment:

Lorena said...

WOW ! it must have been a beauty to see !