Thursday, October 06, 2011

Closet Circulation - Limey

If you’ve looked through my entire archive of outfits, you might think, “Kasmira has a HUGE closet.”

Well, it is kind of big, but I no longer own many of the items from this blog’s beginning. I’ve got a pretty steady rotation in and out of my closet. In honor of five years of outfit journaling, let’s look back, each day, at an outfit from October 2006. I’ll tell you what’s still in my closet, what’s out, and what’s on hold.

In

Lace blouse, Newport News - still in good condition.
Tweedy skirt, Talbot’s - the lining is ripped, the seat is stretched out, and the hook and eye are missing, but it zips!

Out

Silk blend cardigan, Moda International – the pits were stained with purple dye when I wore a non-colorfast shirt underneath.
Pumps, Target – I think these just wore out. I'm hard on shoes. Especially cheap shoes.

The basic elements of this outfit lasted me through four blogoversaries. Those Talbot’s skirts are made to last! Talbot’s is one of my favorite brands to find in thrift stores. The brand’s garments have years of wear in them.

3 comments:

The Tote Trove said...

Very interesting! Newport News was a real blast from the past - I used to order lots of stuff from there. And I know what you mean about being hard on shoes!

Ki said...

It's great that these two items have lasted you so long! :)

Sheila said...

I love the idea behind this! I have so many items that I wore back in the day that are gone now.

Those Talbots skirts are awesome - mine is still in great shape (mine's orange).