Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Closet Circulation - Travel Trousseau (Day 2)

Before I started traveling with my tripod, I had some really awkward outfit photos in hotel rooms. I was restricted to balancing the camera on tabletops, augmented with stacks of books. I had a terrible time getting my entire body in the shot.

In

Boots, Nine West - yup, those same boots
Beads, Claire’s - these still come in handy every now and again.

Out

Tank, NY & Co – too tight, buh-bye.
Suede skirt, Mossimo – this skirt cost me less than $30 and I certainly got my cost-per-wear out of it (mostly in the pre-blog days). As my tastes skewed towards shorter hemlines, I finally sent this skirt packing.

Hold

Cardigan, Victoria’s Secret – this sweater is currently in my swap pile! It’s a lovely fabrication (silk and cashmere), but I dislike the lack of structure.

Now, I either travel with the full-sized tripod (and DSLR) or a mini tripod (and the Canon Powershot). No more missing feet (or heads)!

5 comments:

The Tote Trove said...

Trousseau is one of my favorite words! You've certainly been through a lot with your photography. I know I say this a lot, but I admire your tenacity! I love the color of your sweater as well as the spangles. I do see what you mean about the lack of structure, though. I hope you swap it for something great.

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I like the way you did the In, Out, Hold...very helpful for making those decisions!

Cindy said...

I'm enjoying your updates. I actually thought of this awhile ago as you chronicle your monthly purchases but not your purges. And, excuse me if this is tacky, but as a formerly-married-now-happy woman, I just noticed that your wedding rings should be listed in your "Out" pile. I see them in this picture and the one before. :) I'm a daily reader of your blog and have enjoyed your fashion evolution. You have inspired me to wear what I love.

Lorena said...

I like these posts.
I can compare your before and after and can only hope that I too evolve in such an amazing way :)

Anonymous said...

'm enjoying your updates. I actually thought of this awhile ago as you chronicle your monthly purchases but not your purges.

Tours and Travels