Wednesday, October 19, 2011

All Wet

I’m inordinately proud of myself. This marks two days in a row of public self-portraits. Just me, the tripod, and curious onlookers.


Dress, Banana Republic (thrifted). Belt, thrifted. Tights, Hue. Shoes, American Eagle for Payless. Earrings, Ali’s Boutique. Coat, Lilli Allen (vintage*). Bag, Franco Sarto.

Not only did I endure a man photographing me photographing myself (a meta-picture?), but I got pretty wet running from the car to this amphitheater** in the rain. I got much wetter running back to the car, but pictures were completed, so who cares?


Because I usually ride the bus, I’m obsessive about checking the weather report and almost never leave the house unprepared for whatever the atmosphere might throw my way. This week, though, I rented a car for two days (to attend some work training) and somehow thought this would make me impervious to rain and cold. Not so. I’m just glad I remembered a coat!

*I scored this vintage coat from The Drama Workshop’s costume shop. Come to our sale on Saturday and look for your own vintage treasure!
**Can any Cincinnatians guess where I am? One more picture to help you out:

9 comments:

Marie said...

That coat is FABulous for fall. I would have totally grabbed it in amazement... costume shop??
I am missing out.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
I'm having a giveaway...

...bill said...

i knew where u were without the last photo. we parked* across the street from there tonight.

*i never take the bus...

WendyB said...

I keep telling myself I'm going to get the tripod out and do my own pix...but I never do :-(

Wida said...

Aww, I'd take photos of you!

I would love to find out where you were, but alas, I live in Dayton!


Wida
Missing Amsie Blog

Carrots said...

This may be my all-time favorite outfit I've seen on here. I love love love the colors!

Cel said...

Ah, public picture-taking when you're solo... Nothing will get you stares at more quickly hah.

And... I posted an outfit yesterday that made me think of you with its mad mix of patterns. It'd be awesome if you could check it out :) http://spidersilkstockings.blogspot.com/2011/10/pattern-punch-to-face.html

The Tote Trove said...

A man photographing you photographing yourself? Wow. I give you lots of credit for getting through that and the technical issues that arise with self portraits. As always, you look great! I love mustard :)

Healthy and Homemade said...

That dress is so very pretty paired with that belt =D

Lorena said...

Someday I'll have a camera (at least a real one and not my cel phone) ..... sigh
I love this outfit. I want that dress.