Monday, November 03, 2008

Heidi

Blazer, stolen. Dress, Jovovich Hawk for Target. Tights, Hue. Kneesocks, Target. Boots, Nine West. Belt, thrifted. Necklace, Xhilaration. Handbag, Crown Lewis (vintage).

Erin wore her black version of this dress last week. I giggled when I read that her friend had judged the white version too “Little House on the Prairie.” This dress reminds me more of Heidi than Laura, but I agree it can be a bit saccharine for modern consumption.

I realize that it appears I’m copying Erin’s look, but I swear I wrote this ensemble down in my outfit book back in August (when I stole the blazer). Great minds think alike! Erin did influence me to add kneesocks, though. Oddly enough, she ditched the socks that day.


My ghetto attempt at the photo treatment Erin uses.

5 comments:

Kim said...

So! You keep an outfit book! Veddy interesting...I knew you planned your outfits out for the week, but I actually write down combination when I get a good idea (usually from you) and I thought I was the only one who did that. Boy would I love to take a peek at that book of yours!
This outfit looks really good on both of you, both colors.

Katy said...

I'm not a huge fan of brown and black, but I do love that dress!

Sheila said...

Outfit book? Wow, that's organization! I plan my outfits on Sunday evening, line them all up in the closet along with the accessories and shoes, then I pick what I feel like wearing each morning.

The dress is a little floofy for my taste, but I like the outfit as a whole.

mbbored said...

Wow, you keep a notebook of ideas? I'm recently getting more into clothes, but I have to say all I can manage is a day or two in advance. Planning that far ahead sounds really hard.

Kasmira said...

The book is just a notepad in which I write down ideas as they come to me. I tend to get inspiration in spurts (after I buy something new, as I look at Wardrobe Remix submissions, while I leaf through a fashion magazine), so I write down my ideas as I have them. When I'm fresh out of ideas on what to wear, I pull it out.