There was some celebratory and vacation spending in May. Still, I’m only $63 over my budget for the first five months of the year.Girlprops
I have light-sensitive eyes, so my sunglasses get a lot of use. Somehow, that justifies purchasing half a dozen pair each year.
1. Large Modified Cat Eye Sunglasses, black with neon lining, $9.99
2. Round Transparent Lens Frame Sunglasses with Curlycue Arms in blue, $14.99
3. Extreme Cat Eye Sunglasses in tortoise with gold finish, $15.99
These sunglasses are all currently listed
at $4.99!Tala’s Distant Treasures
Shopping at the Newport on the Levee
is pretty pathetic, but I do look for accessories at Deb, Claire’s, and Tala’s. Most of the jewelry at Tala’s was listed as buy one get two free, so I added to my bangle collection.
4. Coral bead/metal bracelet, $14.99
5. Black bangle with silver-tone starbursts and studs, free
6. Coral painted wooden bangle, freeAuctions by Maggie
I took the day after the marathon as vacation. I was anticipating extreme pain and an inability to walk. Surprisingly, all I had was a little soreness in my quads. So, Beefy and I went to the weekly Auctions by Maggie event.
7. Tooled leather purse, $10
8. Silver perfume bottle brooch, $4
9. Green and gold-tone bracelet, $4
10. Turquoise pinky ring, $2South Coast Hospice Thrift Store
I was determined to do some thrifting on our Oregon coast vacation
. The first two places were duds (Lincoln City Goodwill and the Yachats Lions Club Thrift Store). The South Coast Hospice Thrift Store, in North Bend, was advertised as “Voted #1 Thrift Store on the South Coast 4 years in a row!” I had high hopes and was not disappointed. The store smelled good. (Not just neutral, but good
!) It was well lit. There were two, very private changing rooms. Jewelry was displayed at a proper jewelry counter (with attentive service). The clothing racks were well-organized and well-spaced. I was drooling over the shoe selection when a live pianist started playing
. I tipped him extravagantly.
11. Silver bracelet with Native American charms, $45. (Yeah, that’s a lot for a thrift store purchase, but bracelets like this retail at $100 - $400. Oh, and I LOVE it! The charms make the best jangling sound.)
12. Focus 2000 silk pants, $8.00
13. J Crew orange shorts, $2.75
14. Seychelles sandals, $4.00
15. Rapallo sandals (not pictured), $3.00
I’m a big fan of the South Coast Hospice Thrift StoreHope Dolls Thrift Store
Beefy and I ducked into Hope Dolls (in Portland, OR) to avoid the rain (while we waited for our lunch restaurant to open). A little accidental thrifting ensued.
16. Carole Little floral skirt, $8.50
17. Orange patterned scarf, $1.00 (not pictured)May total: $148.21
I plan to spend very little in June, July, and August. I’m saving for a second pair of cowboy boots when I visit Denver.
Total spending for the year: $562.87