Thursday, November 18, 2010

Slightly Steampunk

I have a hard time defining steampunk fashion. For me, I think it boils down to anachronism. I look for old-timey styles, fabrics, and accessories worn in a modern way.


Jacket, NY & Co. Dress, vintage, thrifted, and shortened. Tights, We Love Colors. Boots, Miz Mooz. Barette, The Crafty Chemist.

Fellow blogger Audi does steampunk well and even sells accessories (hats, belts, and accessories) on Etsy. I love how she slips a harness, a corset, a duster, a bustle, or a mini-top hat into her everyday ensembles. (Perhaps the machine gun bikini isn’t office friendly, but it’s a hell of a costume.)


14 comments:

CatherineMarie said...

I love the boots!

Anonymous said...

Me too - swooning over those gorgeous green boots.

Anonymous said...

It's interesting the vintage-modern mix in this outfit. It feels like one of my mom old pics, but with a lovely twist of color my mom never dared to wear. Maybe someday I'll do!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this! I would have never thought to put any of this together, yet it works so well. I love the colors, the textures, the new mixed with the old...all of it! Those boots, though, are killer!

The Nightmare Child said...

Absolutely brilliant outfit, Kasmira. And those boots are beautiful.


*claps*

Raquelita said...

Those boots are incredible!

Jenny said...

Lovin those boots!!!!

...bill said...

3 cheers for steampunk.

(u cudda worn that to Grammer's last night: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#!/event.php?eid=150109058368913:)

Unknown said...

OK, now I'v gotta go to Hobby Lobby as well as Goodwill.
That hair thingy is a DIY dream ;)
xXx
Reva
and I must post the scary-@ss toilet paper doll :)

Too Funny!

Rachel said...

I want those boots so badly, but you have to have thin legs! And I don't have thin legs. :( Sad. Those look so good on you! Nice outfit!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tara said...

I was just trying to explain steampunk to my boyfriend and my mom the other day - it isn't easy. But those boots are fab!

Tennille said...

I cannot even believe how beautiful those boots are. You look so great. :)

Audi said...

I was wondering if we'd ever see you do a steampunk look! This looks great -- it's definitely got some steampunk elements but is still totally you.