Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sweaty Sunday - 10 miles (third time)

I approached my third 10 mile run fairly casually.

I stayed out late on Saturday, eating a midnight dinner of party food. I slept in on Sunday and delayed the run until late morning. I skipped my usual power breakfast and, instead, ate odd things out of the fridge. I ran from home, choosing a new, untested route on a whim.


It was one of my worst runs of the year. When I finished, I didn’t feel like jumping. I felt like this:


Ten miles may seem like old hat, but running for an hour and 45 minutes is strenuous. I won’t make the mistake of taking it on lightly again.



2 comments:

Beefy Muchacho said...

You're a freakin' rock star, my love.

Beefy Muchacho said...

I'd also like to point out that the picture of you all wiped out and exhausted was not posed. That was a candid photo.