Thursday, October 02, 2014

MacGyver

I started the day in red wedges, but the sole fell off one shoe before I even left the house. Undeterred, I superglued it back on and headed out. After seeing my first salon, I was walking to Cafe Capricho for lunch when the glue failed. I found a seat on a bench, popped a stick of gum in my mouth, and once it was good and masticated, used it to restick the sole. On a day headed for 90 degrees, though, that was only a temporary fix, so I went home to change footwear. Still, I felt very MacGyver and that gum held for a few blocks!


Dress, Under Skies (consignment). Shirt, Old Navy. Shoes, Enzo Angiolini. Sunglasses, Girlprops. Bag, Merona.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure which I like more - that you were able to MacGyver the shoes with gum, or that you used the word "masticated" in a blog post!

Would have loved to see faces of people watching you fix your shoe. :)

~J