Friday, October 23, 2015

Horsepower

As a sophomore in college, I heard a radio contest that required the contestant to call in and name five cars named after horses. I never heard the answer and obsessed about what those five cars might be for years. This was pre-Google, so I asked my friends and also scanned every model on the road and in parking lots for a horse name. I finally got to: “Mustang, Pinto, Bronco, Colt, and Pony.”


Tunic (worn under the dress), Wet Seal. Dress, Under Skies (consignment). Shoes, Chelsea Crew. Sunglasses, no label. Bag, Target.


Now, if you Google the list, you’ll see the Mustang, Pinto, Bronco every time. The Colt is often forgotten, and the Pony never appears. I was pretty lucky to spot a Pony, since I don’t think it was ever exported to the U.S. It must have snuck down from the Canadian border, only 50 miles away.

I don’t see many Pintos, either, so I thought it noteworthy and 365-worthy.

2 comments:

Radhiana said...

your dress is so beautiful..inspired me :)

www.princessraia.com

Tabitha T said...

My very first car was a Dodge Colt!