Thursday, September 17, 2009

Blueberry Pie

I have, some might say, eclectic taste in music. One of my treasured albums is the 1980 In Harmony Sesame Street album. It features whimsical songs performed by artists like The Doobie Brothers, Carly Simon, James Taylor, and Ernie (of Bert and Ernie). My favorite track on the album is Bette Midler’s Blueberry Pie. These blueberry booties always remind me of that happy and punny song.


Dress, vintage, thrifted, and shortened. Sweater, Body Central. Scarf, import store (embellished by me). Tights, Sears. Booties, Sigerson Morrison for Target. Earrings, Pangaea.


Paired with this dress, I suppose the booties make me think more of blueberry ice cream than pie. Topped with ketchup and mustard?



I’ve searched in vain for the Blueberry Pie sheet music. I think it would be a great audition song.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are such a vibrant shade of blue!

Becky said...

OH I love this! Great job at getting all the colors to be the same warmth-they all look great together!

eednic said...

love the bright boots paired with mustard yellow sweater! awesome!

Chan @ Chanmeleon said...

I TOTALLY had that album when I was a kid. Thanks for reminding me of it! Blueberry Pie was my favorite song from it, too.

Sheila said...

Great colour mix! I did similar colours yesterday (but in different proportions). Not sure about the white-ish tights...I have an aversion to them, but that's just me. :)

Love those booties!

Lorena said...

I sincerely love your tassel projects !!!
I have to go buy some tassels this weekend....

Melody said...

I like how your chosen patterned tights one which do not over power the whole look.

Diana said...

I continue to be completely in love with those booties!

The Beauty Bargainista said...

I love those booties! I bought them also and have yet to be brave enough to wear them...but now I think I have the perfect thing! :)

Rosie Unknown said...

I love all the bright colours paired with white!

Londyn said...

Those tights are adorable. I've been thinking about trying some white tights but haven't been brave enough yet .... maybe soon :)

i_b_erin said...

1980 In Harmony Sesame Street album was one of my favorite "tapes" that my son and I listened to when he was little. We would sing and sing to it, thanks for reminding me about this..I MUST GET IT!!


And as usual, you are STUNNING..blue booties and all :)

http://glueonmyfingers.blogspot.com/

Joanna said...

God, I STILL love those booties!

Christy said...

My 3 siblings and I were all born in the 80s and we still serenade Blueberry Pie to each other...nobody ever has a clue what we're singing...

Heather said...

Those booties give your outfit a great punch of color. I need to break out of my safe little rut and get some snazzy shoes!