Thursday, September 24, 2009

Undocumented

Yellow-green plus blue-green (or is it green-blue?) is one of my favorite color combinations that you wouldn’t think would work, but somehow does.


I actually wore this outfit once before, but didn’t take a picture, so it’s fair game for the blog.

Dress, London Times. Belt, thrifted. Pumps, Colin Stuart. Earrings, Target. Ring, Rafia & Bossa.

I can’t claim to have come up with this color combo on my own. I copied it from a flickr member who used to post on Wardrobe Remix. She’s moved on to other pursuits, but continues to inspire me.

Prior yellow-green and blue-green combos (many of these were also featured in the Lime Green Pumps mailbag post):


And, as a little bonus today, you get a picture of me and Londyn together!


Can you tell that I’ve had a glass of wine?

The only thing better than lime and turquoise together is adding a dash of hot pink! Now if I could just have carried Londyn around with me all day…

11 comments:

Meli said...

you must mean teal and lime? lol. I never would have thought of it!

LOVE your compulsion for color. I need to start investing in colored pumps- all bc of you! I love what you do with color.

i_b_erin said...

Love teal/turq and lime green together...
Thinking of redecorating my living room those colors...now if I could just incorporate lime green shoes ;)

You two look Fab together!!Just throw her over your shoulder and you two will look just fine.

Kasmira said...

Gah - teal, turquoise, blue-green, cerulean, whatever you want to call it! :)

Sometimes I go to wikipedia and look at the color charts to try to get the right color names, but the blue page was no help.

Sheila said...

Love this combo - it reminds me of the boxes of salt we used to have when I was a kid (they featured very 60s circles of blue and green in these shades).

eednic said...

fabulous color combo indeed. and now i shall "steal" it for myself! ;)

K said...

I love this color combo! I recently posted about these two colors too (http://shopkimsblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/its-little-things.html). It's such a fresh and clean combination.

gina said...

I love this color combo. I love your shoes!

Marie said...

I actually thrifted a similar belt after seeing how fab you made it. Love that dress.

Lual said...

wow. amazing dress!

aurelia said...

Of course that color combo works!

In the early 90's I had a suit with a plaid boucle jacket in those colors and the solid blue as a skirt. I usually wore a shell close to the green. It was my favorite suit.

Anonymous said...

I have a dress with both of those colors and then combined them again recently too. They are awesome together!

http://fromsneakerstostilettos.wordpress.com/2009/08/10/baby-shower/

http://fromsneakerstostilettos.wordpress.com/2009/09/10/i-feel-pretty-oh-so-pretty/

You are looking great!