Tuesday, July 15, 2014

521a

Like most ladies, I’ve tried a lot of lipsticks. Most were drugstore brands, but I’ve owned a few fancy tubes. One of my favorites, though, costs only 99 cents. It’s Wet & Wild’s 521a.


Shirt, Christopher & Banks (thrifted). Dress, Theory. Shoes, Carlos Santana. Sunglasses, Target. Earrings, vintage. Bag, Nine West.

521a is that perfect shade of fuchsia that whitens teeth and makes blue eyes pop. It also happens to match the most common shade of pink in my closet.

It isn’t particularly long lasting, but I don’t mind applying frequently. It wears off nicely. (I.e. no crusty pink bits or a ring along the edges of my lips.) It isn’t prone to smearing on my teeth (unlike many glosses). At less than a buck a tube, it can’t be beat!


6 comments:

The Suburb Experiment said...

I'll have to try the lipstick! I'm kind of obsessed with the Revlon Lip Butters and have bought every single color that I'm reasonable sure won't turn orange on me but I'm always up for a new recommendation. :)

Kasmira said...

I love the lip butters, too! My fave is Candy Apple. I've tried the bright pink, but my Wet & Wild is still better.

Anonymous said...

I never would have guessed! It looks like a high-end luxury brand! Do you also apply it with a lip liner? (And will there be any cosmetics advice or tutorials in the future?)

Kasmira said...

I just smear it on. I don't have much makeup skills!

DressUpNotDown said...

Oooh a new lipstick to try. The last new lipstick I bought was also recommended by a friend. It is NYC 308 Retro Red, and it really is a perfect retro red! I think it was 99 cents too. :o)

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Natasha said...

Mira I love love LOVE that pink skirt