Saturday, October 13, 2012

Not a 5-for-5

At the end of the month, I’ll recap the outfits I was able to create with my 31-for-31 capsule*. I love variety, so working with this reduced wardrobe is a challenge! I found it even more challenging to pull a 5-day business wear capsule out of the main capsule. It isn’t a 5-for-5, but I enjoyed the combinations I got out of two dresses, three blouses, a skirt, three** pairs of shoes, and a blazer.


*31 clothing items (tops, bottoms, jackets, dresses, shoes, bags, and a hat) for the 31 days of October.

**I flew to LA with only two pairs of shoes, but hit DSW on Wednesday night. I left room for two additional items in my 31-for-31 capsule and found two great pairs of shoes to fill that hole! I wore the new purple pair on Friday.

3 comments:

maryeb said...

You've made some great outfits with just a few pieces. I need to try working with a limited number of items.
The orange jacket is strikingly beautiful on you. I'd love to find a piece like the blue and black paneled skirt.

Sheila said...

As someone else who loves variety in my clothing, I've also found the 31 for 31 to be very challenging. It's great for sparking creativity.

Love the purple shoes!

Anonymous said...

I love how you make it all look like totally different outfits! I had to look closely to see where you had used the same items.

And I love the new purple shoes! I'm looking forward to see how you mix those into your outfits.

~J