Saturday, March 07, 2015

Hick Chic

I haven’t been consistently posting weekend outfits, but you aren’t missing much. One day out of two, I’m probably wearing this overall dress.


Sweater and leggings, Old Navy. Overall dress, Hydraulic Denim (thrifted). Boots, Steve Madden. Sunglasses, Meow Meow. Earrings, vintage.

I was a little hesitant to wear my “Farmer Wawa” outfit to the mall, particularly to browse shoes at Nordstrom, but I got over that. I may have felt a little out of place as we bounced from store to store, but realized I had tapped into some sort of hick chic Zeitgeist when I entered Madewell for the first time. Not only was there another shopper in overalls (shorties), but the store was selling full length pairs. I loved the tomboy aesthetic of the place. I had only known of Madewell’s reputation for quality tees and denim, not it’s preppy-rugged styles. The prices are a little ridiculous, but I dig the inspiration (and the clearance section).


365 photo:

No comments: