Monday, May 14, 2007

Faded

Blue open-weave shrug, Moda International. Beige cami with cream lace overlay, George ME. Beige skirt, department store in Okinawa, Japan. Beige slingbacks, Linea Paolo. Multi-strand, faux pearl necklace, JC Penney. Millefleur pendant, gifted.

I look and feel faded. I’m dressed in soft colors. My hair color appears muted. (I’m in desperate need of a touch-up.) I am trying, unsuccessfully, to clear the cobwebs from my mind. I’m drifting through the day like a wispy, dreamy cloud. Wake me when it’s over.

My sister gave me this necklace. I rarely wear it lately, because I favor bigger jewelry. By layering it with my faux pearls, though, I’m able to highlight the pendant’s delicate charm, while still filling up all the blank space between my neck and décolletage.

Don’t mind my beet red chest. That’s the only part of me that isn’t faded, today.

2 comments:

Shai said...

I like this outfit. It is very soft, feminine and springy.

Kasmira said...

Thanks! Upon reflection, I like it better too.