Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Soft and Saggy

Thanks to Everybody Everywear Pastels, I gave these pale pink pants one last chance. I am pretty sure I’ll never wear them again.


Jacket, Laundry by Shelli Segal. Cardigan, To The Max. Shirt, Charlotte Russe. Pants, Rocks & Indigo. Shoes, Steve Madden. Bag, Colini Handbags (thrifted). Earrings, Girlshop. Sunglasses, Xhilaration. Necklace, vintage and gifted.



Image 4554

I’m doing my best to make these pants look good in the photos, but they are soft and saggy in reality. They fit well, freshly laundered, when I first put them on, but soon lose their shape. By the end of the day, only the lower leg remains unstretched. The knees, thighs, seat, and waist sag badly. While the pants are comfortable, I suspect they’re awfully unflattering!



Still, a small part of me wonders if I’m wrong. Is the loose, baggy-except-for-the-calves look good?



The pink pants should...
  
pollcode.com free polls 

Previous wearings of the pink pants:


I actually wore them one other time, but refused to blog it because the photos were so unflattering.

Photos by Beefy Muchacho with the Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 35 mm 1:1.8G lens

16 comments:

Sandy said...

Take them in; they might adjust to a little tailoring.

Sarah said...

In my experience if they don't feel right, you are better off getting rid of them- let them find there way to a new home.

Lorena said...

Soft is good, saggy not so.
From the pictures I can´t really tell they are saggy, they look good :)
If you want the fabric to be a little more stiff and hard try hanging them to air dry - then again you can always take them in.
With pastels being so IN right now, I'd keem them around.

Sarah said...

I meant their!

Megan G said...

I think they look fine imo. But I say "go" if they slide OFF. I hate pants that ride down all day. But I don't think there's anything visually wrong with the fit.

Ione.Virtual said...

I had a pair like that that I LOVED but I hated the saggy baggy after a few hours. What I ended up doing was ironing a couple patches on the inside where it would stretch, like the knees and underbutt on the inside where you couldn't see them. Works like a charm! I figured before I tried it if it didn't work I could still donate them without the look of the pants being changed.

Unknown said...

Keep em, BUT....
I've had the same problem in reverse!
I'd stitch a seam from the inner knee to the crotch area to make them hug better, then if they still bag, undo the seam and put them on their merry way ;)
I know your frustration.
But in reverse, that is......
xXx
Reva

Holly said...

Dye them! You could make them this year's color - Tangerine - and maybe that won't amplify the bagginess...but I agree, you have a very cute figure and for some reason they look odd on you.

Christa said...

Honestly, I wasn't a fan of these pants the first time you wore them. The pale color combined with the saggy fit isn't good--you have so many things that make you look so much better. Let them go!

Anonymous said...

I like the outfit, but I voted "go". I just think that if you've given them a solid chance and you still kinda don't like them, no reason to keep hanging on. They look fine, just not as fabulous as some of your other pants! For me the most appealing thing about them is their color, which I really do love.

-r

Meagan said...

I don't know how those pants could be unflattering. I think they're adorable!
-Meagan
www.brassinpocketblog.com

Anonymous said...

Why don't you dye them and then make into shorts for the summer?

Purple_Sheep x

Victoria said...

They look cute on some photos but I understand what you mean when I look at the photo on the stairs. That's why I voted "go".

I don't know any trick to make them fit better, in your place I would either try to cut them to make shorts - or only wear around the house to feel cute AND comfy.

Totorosie said...

Personally, I think they're great - I love all the different ways you've styled them! But if they are not for you, they're not for you. Someone else will probably love them more and there are enough problems in the world without bad-fitting clothing!

CatCat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Tote Trove said...

I think they're cute. But I know what you mean about just not "feeling" it. Sometimes I'll wear one of those on-the-fence items one more time just to see, and by the time I get home I'm sure of their fate.